There are several types of Felonies: 3rd Degree, 2nd Degree, 1st Degree, and Felonies punishable by life (PBL’s). There are several types of Felonies: 3rd Degree, 2nd Degree, 1st Degree, and Felonies punishable by life (PBL’s).
The maximum potential penalties are as follows:
- PBL’s: LIFE
- 1st Degree Felony: Thirty (30) years in prison.
- 2nd Degree Felony: Fifteen (15) years in prison.
- 3rd Degree Felony: Five (5) years in prison.
Don’t lead to a Felony charge before you consult with an attorney. Even if the prosecutor is not seeking prison time, a felony conviction can have a devastating effect on your life, your job, your ability to gain future employment, and your ability to obtain loans. There may be defenses available to you that you may not be aware of. Make sure your rights are protected.
Steven J. Litvack can investigate your case, determine possible defenses, check for police misconduct, attempt to suppress the evidence against you, and aggressively fight for your freedom. As a prosecutor, Mr. Litvack has tried over 50 jury trials. He has handled all types of felonies.
Most common felonies include:
- Drug Charges
- Grand Theft
- Dealing in Stolen Property
- Burglary Resisting Arrests with Violence
- Fleeing and Eluding
- Felony Battery (based on a prior battery conviction or due to serious bodily injury)
- Battery on Law Enforcement Officer
- Felony DUI
- Drug charges (Delivery, Possession with Intent to Distribute, Trafficking)
If you or someone close to you has been arrested for a felony in Palm Beach County, Broward County, or Miami-Dade County, contact Steven J. Litvack today for a FREE CONSULTATION. We can help!